Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Need to stop straightening my curly hair, help essentuating what I have?

So I have somewhat curly hair. My curls SUCK. They really dont curl in a pretty way their just sort of all over the place and are pretty uneven. My hair is also kind of short [when straightened only touches my shoulder slightly] so thats an issue too.



But I've been straightening my hair almost everyday for a year and its taken A LOT of damage and I'm afraid I'm loosing my hair so I need to give up the straightening.

But how can I style it curly? also my hair is short so ... should I get more layers?



products, shampoos, anythine would be helpful,thanks.





****Also IMPORTANT : I have wicked limited time in the morning so I need something that wont take me more than 30 minutes.Need to stop straightening my curly hair, help essentuating what I have?
I know exactly what you mean. I have curly hair too and I straighten it a lot. But when I do wear it curly, first I put in Motions hair lotion for shine. Then, I use Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecting spray from the John Frieda Collection. It transforms your curls into beautiful spirals. As for shampoo, I would recommend Herbal Essences Totally Twisted curls and waves shampoo and conditioner. The layers should probably wait though. Good luck!Need to stop straightening my curly hair, help essentuating what I have?
Check out http://www.naturallycurly.com for lots of great info about curly, wavy, kinky and textured hair!



Here are some frizz tips for you!



* A good haircut is key (find an expert here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons

* Sleep on a satin pillowcase

* Don't shampoo every day

* Comb conditioner through hair in the shower

* Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber instead

* Air dry or use a diffuser

* Use styling products suited for your hair type (http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

* NEVER use a brush

* Don't touch your hair

* A pomade is great for mid-day touchups

* Apply styling products to dripping wet hair

No comments:

Post a Comment