Sunday, February 12, 2012

Frizzy Curly Hair, HELP!!?

I have naturally curly hair, which gets frizzy really easily. I've tried most of the de-frizz shampoo's and conditioners but they don't work. Any advice?Frizzy Curly Hair, HELP!!?
I Have Curly Hair Too, Which Used To Be Uncontrollable! To Keep The Frizziness Under Control Mix A Bit Of Hair Mousse With Leave-In Conditioner And Apply It To Damp Hair And Leave It In. This Should Stop It Being Frizzy When It's Dry And Won't Leave The Hair Feeling 'Crunchy' Like It Normally Does When You Use Hair Mousse. Good Luck! (:Frizzy Curly Hair, HELP!!?
With curly hair, how you handle your hair when it's wet is REALLY important. You can try all the shampoos you want, but it really comes down to tools and handling. Because handling curly hair when its dry is what creates frizz. You need to detangle and everything while its still wet and let it be while it dries.





When you have the shampoo in your hair, take a wide tooth comb and gently comb through starting from the bottom and work your way up to the roots. Not only does it help get your hair cleaner, but it detangles and will help define your curls. Do this with your conditioner as well.





Another tip for conditioner: Once you've got your hair smothered in the good stuff, tie your hair inside a plastic bag. Heat the bag up with a blowdryer. you should feel it get really warm and steamy in the bag. It'll help deep condition your hair. Comb it through and rinse it out.





Invest in a curl defining creme. I do not reccommend scrunching gel, unless you like the wet look :S Pantene worked great for me, and I have biracial curls of DOOM lol





now comes the towel dry. This is where most people mess up and doom their hair to frizz. DO NOT RUB AND DO NOT PUT IT IN THAT TURBAN THING. it only creates tangles and frizz.





Instead, flip your hair to one side and scrunch dry with a towel from tips to roots. Once your hair is damp and not sopping wet, whip out the curl defining creme.





Start at the tips, and be sureto section your hair, that way you can get it evenly distributed everywhere. Instead of combing it through, take a few curls and twist them around your finger. This'll help define em.





Letting curly hair air dry is normally best. is you have to blowdry, use a diffuser and start from the bottom.





Some other tips:





A cheap alternative to rollers= toe separaters! Nicole Kidman's hair stylist uses them. Weave the frizziest curls through a toe separater (the ones you use for pedis!) and it'll hold their shape while they dry.





If you don't have time to air dry ( ie, you washed your hair in the morning and not the night before) then you can use that trick, or velcro rollers and blow dry. Just don't blow dry without something there to hold your curls shape.





I guess thats about it. Theres some other things, but im drawing a blank right now haha!





Hope this works for you, lemme know how it goes! :)
Try some mousse to put on it like Pantene pro-v perfect curls defining mousse.





Or just try out their whole range lol, its good. I keep telling everyone about it, I sound like their advertiser haha, I'm just really impressed with it. I too have curly frizzy hair, and last night I went out for the 1st ever with my hair down and curly and people complimented it :). Hopefully they will work just as well for you!
You may want to use anti frizz serum in your hair right after you get out of the shower, your hair might get dehydrated because you shower or bath to much. Mayo massages in your hair makes your hair more sheen and less frizzy. Showering maybe every 2-3 days will keep your hair sleek, smooth, non frizzy, and not grimy till the next time you shower
I had the same hair type! Now what I do is I use garnier curly shampoo and conditioner. Then I put my wet hair into a towel for a half hour to dry a bit. Then I put a lot of moose in my hand flip my hair over and run it through my hair. I then scrunch my hair to keep it curly!


HOPE THAT HELPS!
omg me too! nothing works. maybe a japanese streighting treatment haha! my hair isnt super super curly so i usually braid it and let it loose so it becomes wavy and then it usually stays with a little hairspray or mousse but when i dont do that i streighten it as long as im not in the heat for a long time or water touches it im fine try the braids when ur hair is damp it makes such pretty waves!
i have frizzy hair too . ok so wash your scalp ONLY with shampoo because most shampoos if you put all over your hair it dries it out .. repeat,then do the same with the conditioner once after dry hair with a T-SHIRT to dry any excess oil then put mousse or gel and style the way you like
I have the exact same problem I use a product called curls and it work wonders the only downfall is that you have to order the products from america. But if you search I'm sure you should be able to find a uk website that sells them.
My ex-best friend used to have frizzy curly hair and she used to hate it. She just used to buy a really cheap leave-in conditioner and it actually made it much better.. but required her hair to be washed quite often.. hope this helped :)
try hairspray :o


spray a bit on your hand and wipe it on your hair where the frizz is;


i have the same hair and i straighten it and it works great for me(:
embrace it!


my hair is naturally wavy/slightly frizzy


if i sleep in it overnight it goes all frizzy so i shower in the mornings and then just leave it to dry


its tousled and wavy


and i'm proud!


be proud of your curls!:)
yepp i have exatly the same problem. im guessing you straightend you hairso that will make it frizz.


i use dove heat protectent shampoo its in a red container... make your hair really shiny and not frizzy. .
use tresemme 24 hour body hair gel and cream


or curls rock shampoo and conditioner by:catwalk
Did you try the Tressemee products yet? Try a little straightening gel and anti-frizz serums. They sell them at drugstores for less than $4!
salon ask them to help


help me with mine pls


http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqDgE.KsD8bl62LMQKLiykIgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20090818072746AA1R4qG
FRIZZ OHHHHHH OWWWCH......


LOL MY HAIR IS THE SAME WAY I USE OLIVE OIL BUT IF YOU DONT FEEL COMFORATABLE USING HAIR OILS THEN YOU SHOULD USE MOOSE OR HAIR SPRAY FOR FRIZZ
i thnk u shud go fr rebonding


it will have great effect


your hair will be much more better than ever


so go fr it

No comments:

Post a Comment