Saturday, February 11, 2012

Curly Hair Help!?

I need some great advice on how to fix my hair. It is a little bit below shoulder length. Whenever I wear it down, it bushes out and turns into a nest of frizz. Help! I need confidence to wear it down instead of wasting my time straigtening it!Curly Hair Help!?
First start with a good moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner. Then towel dry your hair and apply a small amount of a silicone based serum and mix with a little pomade and apply to your wet hair making sure that you get all of it from roots to ends. I usually flip my head upside down and work it in then just leave it alone! Make sure your not running your hands through it all the time this tend to cause it to frizz and if you have to have it dry make sure you use a good difuser. Never use a product that contains alot of alcohol, curly hair generally tend to be dry on it's own adding alcohol just damages it more. And last of all you don't need to wash your hair everyday because it does tend to get dry, the natural oils your scalp produces is good for it. Just use a spritz bottle to dampen it and ractivate the products you already have in your hair if needed you caon apply a little more just be carefull you don't over do it or you'll end up looking very greasy.

Hope this helped :)Curly Hair Help!?
I have the same problem. What I usually do when I want to wear it out is put a bit of mousse on it, only a bit though to keep it looking. Otherwise I use conditioning mist, it makes it less frizzy, but doesn't stop it altogether.
Short Curly Hairstyle Tips

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/



Hairstyles for curly hair

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007/
Do not brush it out, just leave it be after you have dried it.
With wet hair turn your head over and try scrunching it with a gel made for curly hair, and don't blow dry it, or if you have to, use a diffuser. What ever you do don't pull a brush or comb through it, that makes frizz bad. Hope that helps
try this amazing product-it costs twenty bucks...



http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h



im not sure what the eaxct nam,e is, but its like curl coil..im sure it has coil in the name..my hair looks awesome when i wear it..and i have some crazy curls about the same length as yours..
Hi, I had the exact same problem (and actually now wear my hair straight) I did have some success adding anti-frizz after i washed it - you can get quite a cheap version from Schwarzkopf, just at the supermarket, it is quite greasy, but i found that was what my hair needed as it doesn't seem to have any natural oils - I still use it now when I'm straightening. Just work it through evenly (I use quite a lot of it, but don't need to put it in every day, just after washing, either in wet or dry hair) and you should find that your curls sit/ hang nicer.

There are a whole heap of more expensive products, but I have found that this works just as well, if not better! You will always have a bit more 'body' in your hair than our straight haired counterparts, but should be able to find it more manageable!!

Good luck, and let me know how you go!
I've given this same advice to other girls so I just copied and pasted it here cause it's really long. This is how I deal with my curly, frizz-prone hair.





I have long curly hair and have found it really hard to keep my curls without the frizz. Specially because I live in Austin,Texas where there's so much humidity. I've tried lots of the products mentioned above like Garnier Fructis and John Frieda but they didn't work so I dicided to spend a little more and see if the expensive products work. AND THEY DO!



Here's what I do:



1- Shampoo hair with Matrix curl.life defining

system shampoo



2- Condition hair with Nexxus Humectress

Ultimate Moisturising Conditioner



3- Dry hair with A T-SHIRT NOT with A

TOWEL! (may sound wierd but bath towels

can cause frizz!)



4- Detangle with a wide tooth comb and Apply Nexxus Headress Weightless Leave-In Conditioner.



5- Spray on Catwalk Tigi Curls Rock Curl

Booster.



6- Put some Catwalk Tigi Curls Rock Curl

Amplifier cream on your hand and rub your

hands together before putting it in your hair.

(Heating or warming hair products first is

supposed to activate the product and

therefor it will work better.)



7- Hairspray your hair and leave it to airdry. I

suggest Matrix Vavoom Freezing Spray.



Other tips:

- I like to straigten my hair but I have trouble

first of all just straightening it and then

keeping it straight without it getting wavy and

frizzy so I use these products:

Catwalk Tigi Oatmeal %26amp; Honey Shampoo (A

curl shampoo like the matrix one I said before

won't help much if you're ganna straighten

your hair! It also helps for when you hair's dry

or if you don't wanna use the expensive

shampoo every day. And, if you don't don't

straighten you hair, stylist recomend for you

to not use the same shampoo all the time

because your hair will get tired of it, so this is

a good alternative.



- Don't scrunch your hair when you're styling it

or as it's drying even if all the curl products

say the contrary. I used to do that but later

discovered that it actually disturbs the curl

pattern and creates more frizz!



- Create an account with Ulta, they have good

sales, like right now a 20% off coupon.

(http://www.ulta.com/control/main)

I buy most of my stuff there. Just wait for

when they have that specific product on sale

and use a coupon, they always have them. It

winds up not being so expensive.



- Buy the matrix Shampoo %26amp; the Conditioner in

the liter size. (At Ulta) It's actually cheaper in

the long run than buying the smaller bottles.

They're about $23 and $28 each at original

price. But, they're always having sales and I

usually pay around $10 for the shampoo

and around $20 for the conditioner.



- I'll usually get my hairspray ';Buy 1 get 1

Free'; (at Ulta). It's regularly $14, so it's like

paying $7 for it.



I hope this helps you. It better... I took my time writting it!!!!!!!!!
I know your pain! I have very curly hair and I've found the best way to avoid frizz is just not to brush it! Wash and Condition it and then comb it out with a wide toothed comb while it's still wet. Then put some kind of anti-frizz product in it. Let it air dry and you should have no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment