Monday, January 30, 2012

I need curly hair help!?

I have very thick curly hair. I want to leave my hair curly, but when I do, it looks extremly messy and often curls itself up into a knot. More like many many knots. How can I keep my curls seperated and lessy messy looking? All I currently do, is wash, condition, comb and let air dry. I also want my curls to be more touchable and softer looking.I need curly hair help!?
I like naturallycurly.com and other like sites becuase it helped me understand my texture instead of just calling it unruly, wild, frizzy, poofy, unmanageble, nappy, afro etc. I found out I have 4A/B texture and why my hair does the things it does. I love the products advice and curly support too. And I HIGHLY recommend the CG method. You have to read the book Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey to fully understand it but I outlined it below:



CG METHOD:

1. No brushing

2. Only comb hair with a wide tooth comb with conditioner in it.

3. Do not wash every day. Opinion differs but it can anywhere from every other day to once every two weeks. Curly hair is easily dried out and needs natural oils to help curls clump. Focus on scalp when you do wash. Hair gets clean from run off.

4. Eliminate sulfates/silicones from hair products, they build up in curly hair causing frizz.

5. Curly hair eats up moisture. Deep treatments every two weeks, condition every time you shampoo or even co wash (wash hair with condish) and have a leave in condish every day.

6. Twist/braids at night to avoid tangling.

7. Apply gel after washing hair or a humectant, This prevents frizz.

8. Plop hair with an micro fiber towel rather than terry cloth.

8. Touch hair very little throughout the day.



PROOF:

1.Naturallycurly.com

2 Curltalk section

3 the general discussion about curly hair forum

4 the before and after CG method thread w/ pics

AMAZING RESULTS!!!!!



TERRI'S METHOD:

http://biracialhair.org



You don't need to be be biracial to try her technques.



Once your hair is well moisturized and conditioned, it should knot less. Also when curly hair knots easily, it is often a sign that you need trim. Take an inch off. Also braid your hair down before you go to bed to avoid tangles. Also henna helps, it has many great side effects. http://hennaforhair.comI need curly hair help!?
You need to put some kind of curl enhancing cream in your hair before letting it air dry. When I don't mine is a big frizz ball. I don't really like curl gel because it makes my curls too tight and crunchy. I prefer softer waves. Tresemme has some good stuff, that's what I use. After it's dry I don't dare touch it because it separates the waves into messy looking frizz, the strands start going in weird directions. LOL You have to take the less is more approach with curls and leave them alone; keeping your hands in your hair irritates curls and waves.
Wash with moisturizing conditioner, detangle with a WIDE-TOOTHED comb, and what i do is I use hair gel (LA LOOKS.. the clear gel, not the green or the yellow gel that they have) and putt hat in my hair after im done washing.. and then i use suave hair spray or Fructis Spray Gel.. and it keeps your curls in place and it won't frizz.
well since my hair is curly i have experiance

USE LEAVE IN CONDITIONAR!

either garnier leave in which is in a green bottle, sold in walmart wtc.

or sunslik gel and cream twist

BOTH are soooo amazing i love them

my hair:http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image
i think maybe what i would do is put leave-in conditioner in, like the garnier fructis stuff, its what i use, its great. i love it.

and then i think you sould diffuse it. DONT brush it out after!

cuz then it will be really frizzy and ickkky.!



hope i helped!
after you get out of the shower, put in curling mousse, styling gel or scrunching jelly! it should separate your curls! and at the end of your shower, turn on the cold water and let it soak your hair! this makes it shinier and softer!
I would suggest putting on some detangler while washing your hair and also some curl-enhancing spray on your curls.
use sunslik for curls shampoo and conditioner it is really good then after you done when you hair it damp use there cream that they have for curly hair too they are all in green bottle
Hey!



So I have really curly hair. I use this product:



http://fructis.garnier.ca/img/products/f



It's called Garnier Curl Relaxing Creme.



It doesn't ';relax the curls'; per se, but it keeps them looking fresh and bouncy and separate.



Just part your hair down the middle when it's wet, and pump (depending on how much hair you have) a dime size to a twoonie size and run your fingers through you hair. Do the same for the other side being sure to get the underside of the hair, and the back. Be sure to let the hair air dry, drying with a dryer gives a more 'deflated' and 'frizzier' look.



If you want a messier look, or are simply lazy to do this every morning, I sometimes put the product in my hair and let air try a few hours before bed. Be sure that hair is completely dry before sleeping. Then I wake up in the morning, tostle it around, and it looks good as new!



G'day and hope this helps!
  • eyeshadow brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment